Tuesday, February 3, 2009

total junkie! of the design sort.

i know i'm a design junkie, but how great is this faux bois valentine card?!
perhaps the saddest drain stop ever made . . . and rug below . . . 
but funniest lunch bags!  i love the cleverness of the anti-theft.  moldy bread really isn't something you want to mess with.  a coworker of mine can attest from (heinous) experience.
so the other day i came home to find a couple of boxes on my doorstep.  there were (2) to be exact, stacked on top of each other.  (i threw the see's candy box in the picture to show the scale).   . . . . 
my eames rocker came!!!  i can't express my joy.  the picture just doesn't do this little beauty justice.  i have dreamed about having one of these in my living room since i was a kid!  
and in case i had any questions on the whereabouts of the huge boxes on the doorstep, good thing fedex left this indication tag.

6 comments:

Sarajane said...

love that lunch bag. where can i find one of those?

Julyssa Schenk said...

great finds. Don't know much about that chair you got...but looks mighty stylish from this end. Have fun rocking, but if you're anything like ME, you might want to take some dramamine...hehe

greenqueen said...

Awesomeness. I know you have had your eye on that rocker. Those ain't cheap; maybe Mr. Fed Ex should have not left it at your doorstep (I'm sure you authorized it). I'd love to see someone running off with it down the street tho...prob wouldn't have much success!

Lindsey said...

SO SO SO jealous of your beautiful rocker! I have also wanted one forever. Darling.

Designing Woman said...

Hey charlotte!!
So, fun seeing you at conference the other day!
Congrats on the modern classic. I have always dreamt of the eames lounge chair in ivory leather...awhhh. Enjoy, this is very exciting!

PS: I don't know if i have your correct phone # but anyway, i'm thinking about designing my own invitations and wondering where you got yours printed? Thanks!

The Queen said...

Stop it. You know you put that See's box there to tempt me. That wasn't very nice.


Actually this is so funny because I was just reading a post (I think on Design Mom) that had a link to knock-off chairs and that one was one that was knocked.