Monday, February 9, 2009

welcome to the jungle! beginning of the end (of my weekends)

well, b and i are buying a house!  the little, wooded gem is pictured below.  we're totally thrilled and a little scared . . . namely of the gardening.  :)  the house is not very big, but it's on a big piece of property in a great neighborhood called scripps ranch.  the neighborhood has definitely had its share of fires, but that can't keep us from the 70's charm.  (i never thought i'd get brady to live in anything older than a 2005, so i'm stoked).  also, we just had our house inspection on saturday and i never realized how much my signature varies.  my kids are going to be in forge heaven.

8 comments:

Holly & Matt said...

forge heaven! Hahaha! That's so funny to me because my mom used to tell me to sign everything for her- I would say I was in forge heaven. Well I can't wait to camp out in your new backyard!

Stephie said...

I too was a forger by permission... Just wait till you sign the rest of the paper work! Oh my gosh!!!!!!!

Maren said...

I love your yard!! Congratulations...I can't wait to see the pictures after you've put your touch on the place!

Nead Family said...

char--the place looks sweet!!!! love your yard, it's beautiful and all the hardwood floors...marvelous! Maren's right...can't wait to see your touch on everything!

Unknown said...

SO COOL!!! Great find you guys! I am so shocked that you found such a cute house - we looked and looked and very nearly bought one infested with mold, lead, crumbling foundation, no yard, and in a crappy neighborhood! I cant wait to see how you decorate it and make it the cutest lil piece of real estate EVER! (And now we have somewhere to visit in San Diego - SCORE!)

The Woodlands said...

LOVE it!! Call me jealous AND impressed. I love the 70's and Scripps Ranch...when's the first HOUSE PARTY!?!?

Jessica Peterson said...

Yay... So beautiful. That is so amazing. I will come visit your garden when it's done.

The Queen said...

Yay!! It looks really cute! The backyard rocks!!