Sunday, October 26, 2008

epic post

you're probably getting sick of hearing about my trip, but i don't get out much.  and if you're not sick of it, no worries, i'll post more about it over the next couple of days :).  
one day while brady was at work, i had the brilliant idea to take a funicular train to the top of this. 
i gazed around, in awe of the view, wondering if my one-way ticket to the top was the best idea.  so i started following the street down, when i came upon a random staircase.  it looked like it was a public staircase, so i walked . . .
and walked . . . 
passing the local porto-potty . . . the neighborhood recycling plant AKA my solace (sparkling clean, odorless, and color-coded;  please note trash pedals so you don't have to touch anything) . . . i wish that i could express just how many stairs i walked down, but i'd say it was in the ballpark of 2,000.  testament to the journey was my quivering legs when i finally arrived at the base of this . . .
hello, there are even stairs into the water.  this place means business!
a few random pics below.  and i have to say, fall is so dog-gone amazing.  the season even makes asphalt beautiful.  so this was pretty funny, this fountain was outside of our hotel.  in case  your were wanting a glass of water, as the sign states, this water is not for drinking!
my balanced lunch after my long journeying--salad and huge pastry.  

3 comments:

Maren said...

I love your pictures. You've really captured your trip well...I feel like I'm there with you!

greenqueen said...

Love this entry and love you! I'm glad you fiiinally saw the castles. So hilarious. Long live the ginormous California burrito!

The Woodlands said...

I LOVE these pictures, and I KNOW I will never get sick of hearing about your trip. Can I just relive it for you?? I have to let you know that checking out YOUR blog has actually talked my homebody husband into ASKING if we can go to Italy someday?!?! I KNOW!!!
thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!!!
I will love you forever for this one :o)