Saturday, November 29, 2008

darkness cannot hide you

b and i went to see a really good indie film the other night called "boy in the striped pajamas".  the theatre had about 40 people or so, 8 of which was a group sitting in front of us.  perhaps needless to say, the film was really sad, a movie about the holocaust, but interesting and well made.  the last quarter was the saddest and most serious part of the whole film.  so there we were, sitting there, holding back tears during the saddest parts when one of the ladies in front of us . . . did a 4 second long toot.  the darkness of the theatre couldn't hide her surprise, her gasp and shaking shoulders, and her lean to her neighbor for comfort, poor embarrassed thing.  here she is center--with the black coat, brown hair and guilty profile.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ew ew EW! That is so hilarious/disgusting! CINEMA GAS!

The Woodlands said...

I thought those things only happened in my life...I swear, people do the most innappropriate things in my presence...glad it's not just me!! LOVE IT!!
Also, glad for the review of the movie...I have been wanting to see it very badly, despite the unfortunate content...I trust your movie taste!

greenqueen said...

Sad to say I've been on both ends (so to speak) of this situation. I miss having moments with you! So funny. I was telling Ben this story at dinner tonight...classic.

The Queen said...

oh my gosh. that is hilarious, was everyone busting up??? i can't believe you took a picture of her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!