Thursday, November 13, 2008

"blog of unnecessary quotation marks"

oh man, i happened upon one of the funniest blogs of all time.  i don't know how it happened, but it did and i am counting my blessings.  
so the blog is of course amongst my "neil diamond fans" toolbar and is titled "the blog of unnecessary quotation marks".  it actually made me a little self-conscious about my grammar, but i still love it.  below are a few of my fav excerpts:
OR THE NEIGHBOR KID
i guess if you know your wife's been fooling around, the kid you pretend is yours is still eligible for a head start.
MORE FAKE FOOD
we see a lot of alleged food here, and a shocking amount if it is mexican.
NOT THE DUMB ONES EITHER
perhaps the sign suggests that they don't mean to include the ugly kids.
SOME ANNIVERSARY
i wonder if mum and dad are actually 5 or 10 years older than they say?  fortunately 'happy' isn't in quotation marks.
IT'S A ROLLING STOP
my guess is this vehicle stops at railroad crossings if a cop is watching.
FREE DRUGS AND FIREWORKS
"double punch day" is the secret pizza hut code for free drugs and fireworks.  bring your VIP card.
I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START
emma saw this in London.  evidently nothing is serious except maybe half of he word park.  i also like that words that are on the same line that don't get their very own set of quotation marks are separated from their neighbors by periods.  constant use.  now that's serious.

5 comments:

Stephie said...

These are "hilarious". Really I'll be checking out this blog now too!

Unknown said...

"charlotte" this was great. I now find myself adding "unnecessary" quotation marks to ALL my "thoughts" in my head.

Seriously. This was better than my early morning "diet" coke.

Lindsey said...

Charlotte you are so freaking funny - I was so happy to see you on our blog. Congrats on your marriage!! You two are adorable - I am so jealous of your trip to Europe...I'm excited to catch up via the blogosphere!! xoxo, linds

Desert Valley Relief Society said...

charlotte, I love seeing your cute face again. It's been way too long. Rocky always asks me, "who was that one friend of yours with red hair in california again?" I say, "Charlotte" and he says, "she is so cute. Did she marry a good dude?" I say, "I think so". ha ha. I swear he always asks that. I think we need to meet Brady so Rocky can rest at ease that you found a "good dude". I miss you!

The Queen said...

I am SOOO adding this to my blog!!