Wednesday, April 6, 2011

take your side

so we have to move out of our noisy apt and have finally narrowed it down to (2) candidates--his pick verses my pick.  let's start with my sweet brady's first:

his pick is very beautiful.  it's up close and personal with the lake, and our neighbor across the way is a castle (owned by a bachelor from zurich.  i'm sure that he's a nice guy, but come on!).  the apt is sparkly and new, and is in a small, quiet building.  so that's one of my first problems--it's in a building, whereas i really want to live in a house if at all possible.  secondly, the train runs between the apt and the castle.  sure the trains are pretty quiet, but they're trains.  thirdly, the rooms are teensie and there are only some small closets in the master bedroom.  that's a big one for me because i'm the fan club pres of storage.  and lastly, we can't forget miss mcgee!  the pup needs some grass, for crying out loud.  i realize that there are some solutions to some of these issues, but there's no need to discuss them again, brady.  mmm-kay?  love you.

welcome to charlotte's house.
take a seat.
and spread out.
just a short drive up a winding road you arrive in a 16th century village where you'll find this charming gem.  it has oodles of space to grow into and spread out.  and spontaneously build furniture if you're so inclined.  there is an over-abundance of closet space (you'd have to see it to believe it; there are some serious built-ins in this place).  there's grass for the pup, sure a little street  noise, but that's in the front of the house and the main living is done in the back.  ok, so perhaps the biggest setback for sweet husband is that the house was built in 1963 and had it's last major reno in the 80's.  it's not bright and sparkly like the apt, but it's not like things are falling off of their hinges.  and there may be a few odd nooks, but we don't have to go near them.  there's that much space!  and you have this view to forget your worries!  

so which do you pick?  the apt that is brand new and beautiful, but a bit small and lacking storage?  or the big house by the old village that is a little quirky and sends you searching for your go go's cassettes?

9 comments:

The Woodlands said...

Char wins. hands down. no more discussion needed- that house is AHHHHH-mazing!!!

Kirstie said...

I can't believe you guys are moving again!!! i LOVE the house and your the wife, shouldn't you always get your way?? haha!

Stephie said...

Have to go with you Char. Sorry Brady! :) That house reminds me of my Aunt's old house in Austria. It seems more homey. And I'm sure if Moshi got a vote she'd vote for the house too!! xo

greenqueen said...

I so need glasses because I thought Steph said the house seems more horney. What husband wouldn't love that!?

I must say, they are both gorgeous and I looove that you shared pictures. I feel like I'm on Househunters International.

jenuineqt said...

You already tried the apartment abode and the house has so much more character. If it means that Brady begins listening to 80s music, I vote for the house :0)

Paige said...

I say the house hands down. Love it. Remember when you invited LIndsey and I to come visit? Well..I hope it happens someday soon. I love it there! So jealous.

Holly & Matt said...

Sorry Baby. It's CharChar's. James said it, not me..

Maren said...

I love the house..charming and has a lot of character. But both have amazing views...Wow!

Unknown said...

brady's pick is awesome with the outdoor terrace and the view of the lake...super sweet. and yard=maintenance, so not a bad choice for the good life in switzerland! love you and miss you my fruito! :-)