a couple of weeks ago i was so very privileged to host a little girls' weekend at my casa with some best friends from high school. i am blessed with the most amazing friends, and can't stop thinking and laughing about our good times from past and present.
some of the highlights included:
waking up early for a great breakfast out and late morning hike. after breakfast, we dropped by nordstrom rack, and next thing we knew, we barely had time for our hike and some pics before sunset! i swear it's because there are no windows in the back racks.
i called it quits early the night before, so i felt like i had to make up for it by staying up late instigating karaoke the following night. frankly, we were all wiped, but i knew maren wouldn't be able to resist the beats de billy joel. julyss and i shown taking over between sets . . .
another great highlight (not pictured) was watching julyss and chels riding a wave to shore on their tandem kayak, and then tipping over. note for future, riding a wave in does not mean that paddling should cease. glad i was there to watch and laugh!
and the moshi mosh. she lapped up the attention and any snack crumbs she could. i love these pics with her and judes. after everyone said their goodbyes, moshi was in major mcgee mourning. i went into judy's room to fold up the air mattress and found moshi had buried a bone in it. while putting the air mattress away, i got distracted for about 15 minutes and came back to finish. that time i found a couple of new pieces of her food hidden throughout the mattress folds.
and last but not least, the ritual extraordinary desserts pic. love these ladies and simply can't wait for next year. note for next year, everyone must wear teal!
all pics courtesy of judy. hope it's ok that i stole them! :)
4 comments:
So sorry I missed out on all the fun! I'm pretty sure I've still got a very similar pic of Maren from our trip up to San Fran! ;o)
Thanks Char...Love the picture of me half asleep on the couch with my pregnant belly sticking out. I'll have to find a good one of you to post on my blog!! Anyway you were right about the Billy Joel songs...I was ready to call it a night before you whipped those tunes out...you know me too well!
Thank you so much for letting us all stay at your place...you are a fabulous hostess (except for the part about taking sneaky and unflattering photos of your guests!) Love ya!
your cute little moshi!! we want to meet her!!
Totally okay!1 Although I do wish you had picked a different one than the first. haha. :) I had SO much fun. Thank you so much, Char, for letting us stay with you. I really cannot wait until next time. Love you lots!
Post a Comment