Wednesday, April 18, 2012

the eagle has landed

the eagle stork has landed!  and it still hasn't hit me!  is that normal?!

C r u i s e   H e i d e n   W i l k i n s o n


what has hit me is that i am so completely in love and in awe of this little life.  he is incredible, and Heavenly Father's attention to detail is stupendous and impeccable.  the 2-1/2 hour emergency c-section, the 12 days in the hospital, the infections, the abscesses, the barely any pain killer because the swiss are very au-nat-u-ral, the hospital food (they served me BEEF CARPACCIO a few hours after my intense surgery!  where's the jell-o, the broth, a popsicle perhaps?!); it was all worth it. . . . although i'm HIGHLY considering a surrogate for baby #2!

one last belly shot before i headed to the hospital. 

 going home day!

 big sister mcgee checking out her competition.




pure love.

6 comments:

Stephie said...

OH. MY. GOSH!!!! I love love love all these bonus pics!!! :) For all that you went through you don't even look like you had a baby or surgery or infection in any of these pics! I love Cruise so much and I haven't even met him!!! I seriously can not wait!! I love you guys and am so glad that your you've finally met your sweet blessing!! xoxoxo

The Woodlands said...

He is perfect. You are PERFECT {heels 7 days late! love that!}. B just looks like he is dazed and confused with love- Congratulations!!!

Stephie said...

PS That is by far the CUTEST eagle I have ever seen!! ;) xoxo

Maren said...

I'm speechless...he really is perfect! You make a beautiful mother.

The Queen said...

Charlotte I am such an idiot. Through all the email fiasco I totally forgot you had a blog!! I am so dumb. But here it is and he is GORGEOUS!!!! I love him already. :) Congratulations and I am so glad that everything worked out in the end. If I cal you does it cost you money? I thought I remembered Chelsea saying something about that. Lemme know cause I have a question for you! Love you and miss you!! xoxo

Lindsey said...

Oh Char he is perfect!!!!! Sweetest little face! I'm so sorry his arrival was so painful...Getting babies here can be so tough!! Hope you are recovering and getting to just stare at that boy all day long. xoxoxo