Tuesday, March 22, 2011

the universal language

ristorante might be a bit of a stretch, but b and i are already sick of the only cuisine in lugano (italian food), not to mention the expense and slowww service.  so we took a little drive and ended up at the golden arches.  i don't think i've been there since high school, but i don't remember it being this expensive--$36 dollars later and with (2) chicken sandwich meals in hand along with a mcflurry, we drove to a random tire parking lot to eat in the car.  we were sitting there in our 320d bmw station wagon rental car (because they ran out of the cheapo cars and upgraded us for free!  can i hear a whoot!  whoot!  i love europe!  driving this is a far cry from the gold, dodge avenger i had been cruising around in my last month in san diego) when all of a sudden a big, grey ferret jumped onto the hood of our car and stared at us for 30 seconds before scurrying away.  wild ferrets?!  could it be?!  i have a feeling i'm going to have a lot to blog about over the next few years!

5 comments:

Stephie said...

LOL!!! Wild ferrets!! That's freakin' awesome!!! I KNOW you were L O V I N G that Beemer to your Dodge!! McDonald's in Europe is crazy expensive!! Really there is only Italian food where you are? Love that you guys are finally there! Can't way to see pics of your new life! Hooray for more blogging from you! I love your blog!!

Kirstie said...

How crazy! And yeah for Blogging! Love it!

jenuineqt said...

charlot! you haven't been to mcdonald's since high school...for reals? glad to know that you had something besides italian and that you got to enjoy your meal in a luxury car. we're planning olivia's 1st birthday party. i'll be sure to send pics. thinking of you :0)

greenqueen said...

I'm with Jenny...hoorah for the golden arches. I loves me a mcgriddle! Love the stories and love you more. Miss you already!

Maren said...

Can't wait to hear your stories! p.s. is texting an option for you or do you get crazy charges? I sent you one yesterday, but then I thought I hope that didn't cost her a lot of $ for an overseas text! Miss you.